Many of our clients ask us how they can maintain the upkeep of their impact windows once they are installed and protecting their house. We’ve decided to put together a list of helpful cleaning tips for your residential or commercial property that you can use on you impact windows and doors to preserve them as long as possible. We hope that you find the below tips useful for your needs:
- Dry the glass after cleaning so that the materials used do not dry to the glass
- Do not allow metal parts of cleaning tools and supplies to touch the glass at anytime during cleaning
- Never use abrasive cleaning solutions
- Before cleaning, always spray wash excessive dirt or debris
- Never let dirt or residue sit on glass for extended periods of time
- Do not use any time of scrapers for cleaning
- Never clean storm resistant glass during hours of direct sunlight
- Do not leave water or cleaning solution on glass
Remember that constant care is a requirement to preserve your impact materials. While sometimes the regular maintenance of your windows and doors, you can hire cleaning companies to regularly service your needs. There are many local companies available at your disposable at a very reasonably affordable price.
If you have additional questions or concerns, our in-house team is always happy to help you with recommendations or additional tips. We are committed to keeping our clients happy with our services and product as part of our satisfaction guarantee.
If you or someone you know is in need of new impact windows for their home or commercial property, Prestige is here to help. Please contact us today for an immediate quote and recommendation for the right windows for you and all of your needs.